Monday, February 22, 2010
This is the one:
- where I made something nearly perfect and then nearly destroyed them.
- where I combined one of my favorite yarns with a wonderfully written pattern to make a project that hit all the high notes in my brief knitting life.
- where I was so excited about finishing the project I've worn them every day since mid-January.
- where I was wearing them last Tuesday and they smelled like gasoline after I filled the tank.
- where I popped them into a cool bath with some mild soap and a gray scarf with a coffee stain. (Oh virtuous me, getting all clean and everything.)
- where I went merrily about with that thing called my life. Involving on that day: yoga, groceries, cook, eat, clean, email, Olympics and doze on sofa. In that order.
- where I stagger into the bathroom and discover a Rubbermaid container with two distinct and growing pools of dye bleed - one rust, one gray. Like life seeping slowly out of these knits.
Yes. This is the one where the mitts are still here, a little beaten up, but still here. Just like me.
Posted by knithound brooklyn at 5:18 PM