Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hunter Valley

Before I launch into another yarn story I want to thank you all for your lovely comments and encouragement. I try to answer everyone individually but sometimes the commenters are not linked to email so I can never be sure if the replies get sent! I really do appreciate you coming and visiting me and the comments make me feel great, so thanks again!

More fibery goodness - this one another 3 ply, the colors of which make my heart sing. My Mother might have expressed serious interest in this one, too. A hint that maybe she wants to see a pair of mitts like mine...hmmmm?

SCF Merino Hunter Valley

This is Hunter Valley, Merino Top, a generous gift from David at SCF. I love Merino! So soft and a nice bounce to the yarn. I want more Merino in my future. There are some tiny technical issues but I will not go into them here. My Ravelry support group has convinced me to ignore any imperfections and just knit with the yarn, dammit.


SCF Merino Hunter Valley 3 ply

This 3 ply thing, it's got my attention big time. I have found a niche and I want to explore every nook and cranny.

Hunter Valley 3 Ply  Draped


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY. I love these colors. Like, I'm drooling. Boh, for the record, is snoring, but he can't see the monitor from where he's at. Can't wait to see what this looks like all knitted up!

NJStacie said...

What a divine rich color that is! I think it looks great. And man-oh-man, 3-ply sure is awesome and fun and squishy, isn't it? I kind of can't stop doing it. :)

Katie M. said...

I'm a broken record: so pretty. That yarn most definitely deserves to be knit ... because I don't see anything but gorgeous.

LICraftgal said...

Wow those colors are incredible!! Love, love, love that yarn!!! Glad to hear you like the 3 ply. I happen to just think its the bomb!! Its amazing how different it is from 2ply.

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me to try my first 3-ply (though my singles won't be nearly as even as yours look). Such gorgeous yarn! I can't wait to see what you create with it.

Micki said...

Gorgeous yarn! Once you start spinning 3 ply, there's no going back. :)