Tuesday, November 17, 2009

There's More Than Tweed In My Future

What am I up to these days? Goodness all around. There's definitely a bounce in my step, a bit of a smile, anticipation and excitement.

Tweed vest back

And, there's tweedy knitting happening! Enough to put a smile on the face of any knitter. The yarn has percolated in the stash far too long. I'd set it aside to make this vest for PhotoMan. But he deemed it too 'thick', fearing it would make him look fat. Oh, brother!

No amount of convincing could change his mind and I decided life is too short. I'll make it for myself. And with November being declared Vestvember, what better time than NOW!

The pattern, Dr G's Memory Vest, designed by Kirsten in honor of her father, who suffered from Alzheimers as so many parents do. I know, my Mom is heading there. What a lovely pattern, the knitting just flows, the rhythm easy to pick up.

Tweed Vestember Vest

I've finished the back in less than a week. Furious knitting between classes and studying, on breaks and during travel. Studying?! Cramming, really. 17 out of 20 classes complete, an exam coming up soon. An Important Exam. One that will change my life completely and which I am so excited and eager to take on.

November Knit and Study

God willing, this Vest will be a marker in time for me, that time when I made a huge decision and decided it is so right, so real and I am so ready.

10 comments:

barefootrooster said...

hooray for knits that mark important moments -- this looks AWESOME. can't wait to see more of it. And good luck with the studying! You're almost there!

Oiyi said...

That vest is looking great! Glad you decided to use the yarn for yourself. Good luck with your test!

Chris said...

I'm making this one right now, too! I've made it once already - what a great pattern. Good luck with the big exam!

yahaira said...

the vest is gorgeous! tweed = awesome
good luck on your tests, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic vest! I love that pattern, but my husband refuses to wear vests. I think I'll follow your lead and just make it for myself! And best of luck with the test!

Sara said...

Congrats! You are almost finished with you classes...and the vest is beautiful. Fa-la-la!

margene said...

The tweedy color of that vest is wonderful!

Cookie said...

Beautiful blend of project and color, and it will be a wonderful reminder of this time in your life for many years to come.

Umiko said...

It's gorgeous! I'm really starting to like tweed -it must be the turning of the weather...

Katie M. said...

That vest is to-die-for gorgeous! And 17/20 ... means you're almost there: good luck with the exam!