Monday, August 16, 2010

Weeners! We Have Weeners!

Rain! We actually got about 30 minutes of rain this afternoon! I think (hope) we've turned the corner on this brutal heat - the last few days have held out a promise that Fall is right around the corner.



I wanted to take pics of two newest skeins of yarn I've finished but we spent the afternoon playing the ponies! I did win $10.80 on one horse in the 5th race, woo hoo! It was fun and so nice to be outside without a blazing sun. Sometimes I wonder if I am part vampire, I avoid the sun that much.

But I have a weener here on the old blog! I consulted the Random Number Generator and the winner is #16!! Yay!

I'll tell you a little story. When I was a girl I was completely horse crazy. Though I didn't own a horse, I did ride regularly with a stable and even competed in some of the local horse shows. The one year I competed and won some blue ribbons I wore #16 on my back. I've liked that number ever since. So I was truly delighted when the Random Number Generator spat out #16.

I must have horses on my brain today.

Anyway, this little yarn giveaway was fun. Thank you, everyone for your sweet comments. I enjoyed this enough that I might have more giveaways in the very near future.

SarahB, send me your address using the linky in my profile and I hope you enjoy knitting this yarn - I can't wait to see how it turns out!

5 comments:

Sarah B. said...

I'm doing a happy dance and my hubby is trying to figure out why....

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You are a spinning maniac! I love it:)

Mary said...

#5 in the 5th race was always a bet made whenever anybody in my family went to Saratoga in August. I haven't been to the track in years and I miss it.

Dan Gliubizzi said...

Ah! Both at the track LOL

Katie M. said...

I have favorite numbers, too, but they rarely have any rhyme or reason to them. Thanks for sharing the story! Now I have a reason to smile when I see 16.