Thursday, August 5, 2010

Where Did I Put That Thing, Anyway?

Here we are, August already! The Tour de Fleece feels like it was a million years ago, and I haven't done a good blog wrap up post. I promise, I have one in the wings. With special surprises, too!

But I wanted to tell you a funny.

Zinnia

I finished spinning up all the Gray Shetland, my Zinnia. This yarn is wonderful. I can't stop fondling it and I pinch myself because I sort of can't believe I pulled off 5 skeins, 1700+ yards of consistent, mostly even sport weight yarn! Seriously, I am that excited about this yarn.

So of course the next thing I get to obsess over is what shall Zinnia become? Oh, fun! Honestly, the planning can be as much fun as the doing. Or no, the planning is a part of the doing, really. And it's fun. For me. Shut up!

And! I think I've found what I want to do, the Gathered Pullover from Interweave Knits.

Now that I've landed in this place, the past 10 days have been about mulling over the design modifications I'll make and organizing myself to give this project my full attention.

So last night around midnight I decide I'd like to go to bed with the pattern and read it through, just to familiarize myself, you know?

I searched the book case for Interweave, Winter 2007. Not there. Should have been. Hmmm. Search the desk, my WIP pile, the dining room table, the kitchen book case (highly unlikely), the family room book case, and a few other places. No Winter 2007 anywhere. I found Fall, I found Spring. No Winter. Hmmmm.

Next, as a last ditch effort, (it's now nearly 1AM), I go online to Ravelry and quick search the other patterns in that issue. You know, so I could maybe cross reference to something I may have knit in the past?

And then it dawns on me. I never bought that issue! No wonder I couldn't find it! It simply doesn't exist in my home. DOH.

8 comments:

knottygnome said...

i've done that before, and been *so sure* that i had the pattern...somewhere.

great match of sweater and yarn, and congrats on that much handspun! i'm very impressed.

Cookie said...

Gorgeous yarn!

Crappers! I hate it when that happens.

xo

Dan Gliubizzi said...

It is all very Zen!LOL
Like looking for the pencil is a part of writing or mixing with only the paint colors you have, as an element of the finished piece.
The failed search burned a groove in your head, important to the process!
I am sure it will be beautiful!

mly said...

Hey, I have that issue! Let me know if you want to borrow it. I could bring it to Monday's meet up.

barefootrooster said...

oh man, lisa. this shetland is fantastic. and that seems to be the perfect pattern. i've been meaning to knit this pullover too...maybe once i get a (few!) cardigans off the needles.

Katie M. said...

Oh that yarn is so pretty! And will look wonderful as a pullover. As soon as you track down the pattern, of course ...

Knitting Out Loud said...

Yes, that yarn is gorgeous!!!

I'm always slightly relieved when I realize the thing I'm looking for doesn't exist.

Sarah B. said...

I have it on CD-ROM. PM me on Rav if you want to borrow it. I'm Sarahbess on there.