Monday, July 5, 2010

More Bobbin Clearing

Well we are full on into the Tour de Fleece, but I did want to show you one more yarn before I go into complete overload.


HY Parritch 3 ply 4

This is a 3 ply yarn made from Hello Yarn Club fiber, called Parritch. The fiber is Targhee, one of my favorites because it is so squishy and bouncy. After I finished plying and put this baby into a nice warm bath it exploded into a wonderful bouncy yarn. Just like I thought it would.

HY Parritch 3 ply 3

There's about 344 yards of fingering/sport weight yarn here, enough for a simple pair of incredibly bouncy squwooshy socks. If I ever get back to knitting again... (not gonna think about it right now.)

HY Parritch 3 ply 1

Before I sign off, I want to thank you all for your comments and well wishes. I've got quite a few blog posts piling up in my head, things I've been thinking about and wanting to put out there - about life, career choices, moving forward, being centered. There are also some lovely projects that deserve some blog attention.

Alas, these will all have to wait till another day, because right now I really want to get back to spinning for the Tour.

12 comments:

lori said...

that's really beautiful yarn - truly. beautifully spun and plied, and i love the colors! it'll make great socks one of these days. :)

Sarah B. said...

Gorgeous yarn! Have fun on the Tour!

barefootrooster said...

be still my heart. just lovely. can't wait to see/hear more -- about everything you mentioned here, not just the yarn!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I really have to try spinning targhee.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful yarn. You did a great job. Good luck on the Tour.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful yarn. You did a great job. Good luck on the Tour.

Gale Bulkley said...

Gorgeous. Greedy thing that I am, I wish it were mine!

Susie said...

That yarn is just gorgeous. I'm always looking for colors for my guys and that is just perfect. Hope you're doing better and I can't wait to read more on all the things you're going to write about!

Oiyi said...

Awesome spinning job! Beautiful yarn.

Katie M. said...

So pretty! And I can't wait to see what you spin up ...

LICraftgal said...

Your yarns are really beautiful!!! Love this one, the colors are so lovely. Keep on spining!

knottygnome said...

lovely! i adore targhee too.