Monday, August 25, 2008

Flow Seduction

Flow Tank

Design: Flow Top by Norah Gaughan
Yarn: Berroco Seduce;, Verdigris color
Needles: Size 7 and Size 6 for trim
Started: 7/25/08
Finished: 8/24/08

A few weeks ago when updating you all on my works in progress I mentioned the Flow Tank Top. I finally finished it Sunday morning. This one worked out quite nicely thankyouverymuch.

Flow Tank

First, the yarn. Pure seduction. Well named, this stuff. It's also a bit deceptive. In the skein it doesn't look like much. But once you get going with it, you start to see how nice the fabric is. It's drapey. It has these variations in the texture and color that are intriguing. It catches the light. This stuff is pure seduction!

Then there's the pattern. When you have yarn this nice, a simple, minimalist design is perfect. And leave it to Norah (you really ROCK, Norah!) Gaughan to come up with a lovely, simple little tank top that shows the yarn to perfection. This is the type of minimal pattern that reminds me of Calvin Klein or Eileen Fisher.

Flow Tank Top

Then there's the pattern name. Flow. Which is truth in advertising. It flows. It drapes. It moves.

Flow Tank

I am happy with the outcome.

6 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

As you should be, your 'Flow' is amazing! Love the color and the drape is perfect.

Matthew said...

Not to mention cool and sexy.

Marie said...

Um, do you take orders?

knithound brooklyn said...

Marie, I don't take orders, but I will teach you to knit - it's far more satisfying!

Marie said...

How very...empowering of you :-)!Gr.

Long story:

When I was little, at what we called Junior School in South Africa, my mother did my knitting homework for me, for a strange subject called Home Economics. She knitted a little bed jacket and was give 6/10 as a grade. It was worth at least 9.

Earlier, at about 6 or 7 years old, I remember knitting a little pale blue scarf. I took it to school every day to work on it during break time. Every time I took it out of its little bag, there were several inches of gorgeous, intricately worked knitting, flawless, preceeded by what I remembered knitting: uneven, mistake-riddled rows of plain stitch. I was astonished and thought that somehow, without knowing it, I was able to lapse into virtuostic knitting-perfection. I concentrated very hard to see if I could see myself doing it again, but it never worked. But every few days the beautiful rows kept appearing!

It was only months later that the truth was revealed. My nanny, looking after me at night, while I slept, would pick up my awful knitting and start to work on it, leaving these gossamer rows of perfection.

I think I should stick to cooking.

Eliza said...

how do you like the seduce now? I'm thnking of making something with it and love how it looks