Friday, August 1, 2008

Top Down Raglan

Top Down Raglan


I mentioned a few days ago I started a Top Down Raglan Sweater for my Mom. Here is the Yoke section, all 300 stitches crammed onto the longest Size 8 needle in my collection.

I wanted to find a longer cable and stopped by to see Maxcine. She didn't have anything longer than the one I already had. She said, "suck it up." I went home and that's just what I did.

I've moved onto the first sleeve. Flying off the needles. Alot of stockinette stitch these days, and I'm finding it really relaxing.

And my stitches are getting incredibly even. After two years I think I've found exactly the right tension in my work. Very satisfying.

The yarn is Cascade 220, Lake Chelan Heather #9451. This is one of those workhorse yarns that comes in a zillion colors and comes in handy for just about any project on the planet. I bought of ton of this stuff in about 5 colors last year during a blowout Webs sale.

I have a few ideas about how I will finish this with some interesting edges on sleeves, hem and button bands. Since this is a cardigan, I have button bands - that means I get to shop for cool buttons to jazz it up a bit.

3 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Top-down raglans are by far one of my favorite sweaters to make, so much fun to watch them grow!

knithound brooklyn said...

Yea, this is my first one. I can't believe in 2 years of knitting I didn't discover this sooner. It will have minimal seaming!

Anonymous said...

hi there! i met you at stitch therapy and witnessed the "suck it up" comment. glad to see it's working out for you! love the blog-- thanks for sharing.