Saturday, April 17, 2010

:)

More potholders, this time for my Mother In Law.

Irene Potholders group 4

PhotoMan heads out to Northern California this morning for a visit with his Mom. Armed with a little gift from me.

This set incorporated a discipline that the Swap Potholders did not. Namely, keeping the color choices limited to 5 and then combining them into different stripe sequences. These colors feel a bit "retro Mexico" to me, so I am quite pleased with the results.

Irene Potholders group 3

The pattern is really easy, Old Fashioned Potholders by Cathy Irish (that's a Rav link to my project page with info on yarn colors, amount used and all the other gory details including individual pics of each potholder) I love this newest feature on Ravelry, don't you?!.

Making potholders is fun, and a bit addictive.
Happy weekend to all!


5 comments:

Oiyi said...

Great potholder set. I like the colors you used.

Btw, did you get my email about the hand looms? Some of my Gmail emails are not getting through to people.

Mary said...

Very nice! They remind of something retro that would be on Cathy of California's blog:
http://www.cathyofcalifornia.typepad.com/

Sara said...

love the colors.

Katie M. said...

Hmm, I think I need a little "retro Mexico" in my life. Fab-u-lous!

Susie said...

I really love your sense of color. I'd probably have just used one color because I suck at matching.