Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fun in the House

SCF Funhouse Up Close

Reminds me of hot chile peppers, spicy salsa, and dancing to the Latin beats on a hot, sultry summer night. This is yarn that makes me want to break out and shake booty big time.

SCF Fun in the House

With those thoughts on my brain, you can just imagine - I had a blast making this yarn. Now that it's finished, it might knit up into a very joyful hat.

SCF Funhouse Yarn

Southern Cross Fibre Club, December 2009 - Funhouse.
Falkland wool, fabulous colors.
2 ply, 200 yards, around 11 wpi - but to be sure, I should measure again.

12 comments:

barefootrooster said...

this looks like it just exudes warmth (says the girl wearing two sweaters, two pairs of socks, long underwear, fleece pants, and a handspun hat indoors)!!

cannot wait to see which hat this turns into -- lovely, lovely spinning.

Chris said...

Wow! What a beautiful skein of yarn!

Katie M. said...

That is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful - I was going to ask where you bought it until I saw you made it yourself! That must make it double fun :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors. So much fun!

Gale Bulkley said...

I love it too.

Diana said...

gorgeous! i love handspun yarns like this :-)

*emilie* said...

this is beautiful !!

Lauren said...

pretty! it looks very soft and squishy - I need to work on those attributes in my own spinning...

Oiyi said...

Love love love this colorway!

Karen said...

That's awesome yarn! I would be imagining all sorts of great projects if I had that talent!!

t does wool said...

great yarn!