Tuesday, January 12, 2010

You Know You Want Some

My friend Sara started up an Etsy shop to sell her handmade spindles. Then she got a little crazy and started making fiber batts. I caved sometime before Christmas and bought one.

Knot My Day Job Gorgeous Red Batt

And then Sara, in her infinite generosity gave me a huge pillow of fluff in exchange for some fiber I gave her. I am not worthy. A blend of wool, alpaca, merino, bamboo, silk with a bit of bling, in a smoky gray blue. Oooh.

Knot My Day Job Gorgeous Gray Batt

I wish you could reach into your computer to sink your hands in this stuff. It is beyond amazing. She runs the fibers through her carder at least three times. This stuff is super blended and super soft. You need to get some of your own. You won't be sorry.

9 comments:

barefootrooster said...

this stuff is totally droolworthy. can't wait to see what it looks like spun up!

LICraftgal said...

Oh her stuff looks wonderful!! Yes, can't wait to see what it looks like spun up either.

Anonymous said...

I've never spun from batts, but this post makes me want to try. It looks like pewter. Pretty pretty.

Sara said...

Thank you Lisa! Glad you love your fluff.

Lauren said...

those are very tempting! I've seen her shop before - maybe from a ravelry ad? too bad (or good thing) I'm on a buying moratorium until I use up a bunch of stash.

I can't wait to see what you spin up though!

Anonymous said...

I want to touch it. Pritty.

Sara said...

ooh pretty! makes me want to get out my carder again.

t does wool said...

looks yummy...I have resisted the spinning urge..;)

Oiyi said...

Oh stop tempting me! I am on a yarn diet, but I still say that fiber doesn't count.