Thursday, July 24, 2008

Don't you want to be Kanye?

I know this is way off knitting topic, but I saw this on the subway the other day and just could not resist grabbing the shot. This may be one of the most bizarre things I've seen in awhile. And it really made me laugh!


Apologies for the poor quality, I used my Blackberry. When I asked out loud "Is this for real?" I got an unexpected response from a fellow passenger who commented he wasn't sure, but he'd seen this poster once before on the subways. Yo Kanye, got ego??!

4 comments:

Eliza said...

I saw this too, and couldn't figure it out. The news had something about it last night, but I turned it off before they did that story. A quick google search got me this:
http://www.absolut.com/campaign/bekanye/index_entry.html
Is it a Vodka ad??

knithound brooklyn said...

That could be! But I secretly like the idea that it's just Kanye with a really huge ego.
Whatever, it certainly catches your eye - very clever.

Unknown said...

I have to look out for this, it's hilarious. Tony

Lisanne said...

Ha! That's too funny! Enjoying your blog, inspiring me to learn how to knit, which, is something i always SAY i'm gonna do.

i even tried to get lessons from my Grandmother who was extremely artistic and knitted beautiful things with fine yarns but she tried to teach me with the smallest skinniest needles ever and i got frustrated...i told her people used thick yarns and bigger needles now and she scoffed at that...there is this knit nite thing i'm sure you know about at Freddy's in Brooklyn and the guy told me i could only go if i already knew how to knit.....go online he said...i can't learn that way! anyway knit on!