Monday, July 28, 2008

Knitter's update - no pictures

I wanted to show you some shots of finished stuff, but nothing is finished! And the variable light this past weekend conspired against my feeble photo efforts.

I have four projects on the needles and have to fight hard the urge to cast on a few more. I am bursting with knitting energy - the starting kind, not the finishing kind.

So. Here's a quick inventory of things I am working on, in various stages of completion:

1. Flutter Sleeve Cardigan. A cute little short sleeved sweater from Spring 2008 Interweave Knits. The pattern called for yarn I already had in my stash, so I just needed to knit this up! Call it stashbusting in a big way, since I had 10 balls of Classic Elite Classic Silk and this pattern uses about 9 of them. I'm finished knitting all the big pieces, and am working on the seed stitch band that runs up the fronts.

2. Flow. A very very simple little tank top designed by one of the great knitting goddesses of all time, Norah Gaughan. What makes this project so great is the yarn, something called Seduce by Berroco. And yes, being a complete yarn slut, I was very easily seduced...I chose the Verdigris colorway. Anyway. I got stalled over the weekend with a small technical glitch, but it should be humming along nicely this week. My goal is to finish this one before the upcoming weekend in the Mountains.

3. Socks. Simple plain ol' socks. In a gorgeous Alpaca blend - Alpaca Sox from Classic Elite; slightly stripey in shades of grey. For the man in your life, or mine. Two weeks into this one, I have two socks finished. Except the first one is HUGE, and I have to reknit. A learning experience. My gut told me all along it was too big, but I didn't LISTEN to my Inner Knitter voice. The second one came out perfect. So back to the drawing board with the first one. Harumph. Next time I will listen to that little voice telling me the truth.

4. Raglan sleeve cardigan for Mom. This one has been on the mind awhile. I have the yarn, the pattern and did the measurements. It's worked from the top down, and so far so good. I have over half the yoke finished and I only cast on Sunday morning.

No comments: