Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hound Walking Mitts



Design: Dashing Mitts by Cheryl Niemath
Yarn: Odyssey, Granite Mix #476; 2 skeins
Needle: US #6
Started: May 31, 2008
Finished: June 8, 2008

Linda, beloved hound walker, has been feeling a bit low these last few weeks. I ran into her one evening, on my walk from the subway, and we chatted awhile in front of Ozzie's. Walking away, I decided I wanted to do something to cheer her up. She works hard, walking all the dogs in the 'hood for us busy New Yorkers. It doesn't matter what the weather, she is reliable. Dependable. And the dogs love her. Lola and Rudy are quite devoted to Linda. It's the high point of their day.

So I decided she needed some handmade Mitts. Something she could use to keep her hands warm but still wrangle all those leashes. I had some yarn left over from a scarf I'd knitted for my good friend Doug. The colors are pretty. So in about two short evenings I knit up a pair of Dashing Mitts for Linda.



I finished them a few days ago and since I was going to be outdoors this evening, with other knitters, I decided to bring the mitts with me. I asked my friend Marci to model the mitts. My hands are a wreck from all the woodwork refinishing I'm doing on the weekends. (Yea, my life is fun, isn't it?)

2 comments:

marcisenders said...

The pictures turned out great! I have to remember to take projects to shoot at the next PH Knit in the Park.

knithound brooklyn said...

Your arms are so glam in these shots!