Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Plum's Shrug



Design: Retro Redux Shrug by Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted, Velvet Plum, 2 skeins
Needle: US #8, US #9, US #10, US #10.5
Started: April 24, 2008
Finished: May 17, 2008

After the success of the Sissy Plum Shrug, I decided to dive back into the stash and make another Retro Redux Shrug from Lacy Style. This yarn is Malabrigo Worsted, Velvet Grapes color. Originally I was knitting up a seed stitch scarf with the yarn but I got bored with it and never finished. So last fall I frogged it and put it back in the bin for another go. Of all the Malabrigo I purchased back in January 2007, this is the one I knew I would keep for myself. I'm glad I found a good use for it.

This version of the same shrug has slightly longer sleeves. I actually cast on the number of stitches for the large size, but knit it to the same specifications as the Medium. I wanted a little more ease through the back and underarms and it feels pretty good.

These shrugs were a good use of Malabrigo from my stash. Overall, I think I will avoid the variegated versions of this yarn going forward. And since this yarn tends to pill andfuzz - it's a single ply, I think a shrug is a good choice rather than a full sweater.













The colors on this version didn't pool the way they did with Sissy Plum's Shrug. With the extra ease, I can wear it even in winter with a long sleeve tee if I want.

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Man, you are fast! Did you just knit this this week?

knithound brooklyn said...

No, these are projects I knit back over the winter and now that I have a blog (a little late to the game, huh?!) I'm posting them. It just looks like I am knitting like mad. Um...well yea, I am, but not on this!